2017 - 2018 School Year
Cleanliness, neatness, appropriateness, and the effect on the learning environment are the criteria that should dictate the student’s choice of dress and grooming. Students should observe modesty, appropriateness and neatness in clothing and personal appearance. A student is not appropriately dressed if he/she is a disturbing influence in class or school because of his/her mode of dress. All campus expectations are district expectations. Please refer to the 2017 - 2018 RISD STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT.
● ID’s should be worn at all times.
● Clothing that displays the thigh, buttocks, groin, midriff, back, shoulder or chest area is not to be worn.
● Hats, caps, bandanas, do-rags, grooming items or sunglasses may not be worn in the building and must be stored in lockers during school hours.
● Items advertising alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, provocative, offensive, violent, gang-related or drug-related pictures/slogans will NOT be permitted.
● Backpacks may be carried to class. Lockers are also provided upon request.
● Pajamas or slippers/house shoes are not to be worn.
● Leggings may be worn as long as the shirt is long enough to cover the buttocks and groin area.
● Any other attire that is deemed inappropriate by a principal may not be worn.
INTERVENTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES
Call home for change of clothes
Provide school clothing to the student, if available
Unexcused absence if sent home for inappropriate clothing